2 cups self rising all purpose flour (White Lilly or 2g/30g protien flour preferred)
3 oz or 6 tbsp butter (and more for on top and eating)
1 cup Butter milk
1. Preheat oven to 415 degrees F
2. In large bowl, put in flour. Cut the 6 tbsp butter into small cubes and cut into flour (rubbing larger chucks of butter into small pieces so none of the butter is larger than a pea)
3. Pour in buttermilk into bowl. Mix with large spoon or spatula until it is just together (do not over mix, lumpy is good).
4. On floured surface, dump mixture onto surface. Sprinkle some flour on top and pat down and fold over. Repeat 5 times.
5. Sprinkle flour on top if wet so pin doesn't stick to it. Roll dough to 3/4 inch.
6. Cut out biscuits with cutter (cutter in flour, press down, turn and lift). Place biscuits on baking sheet. Bring together scraps and roll again to 3/4 inch and cut more if enough is left over.
7. Place 1 pat of butter on top of each biscuit
8. Place sheet of biscuits in over and cook for 13-14 minutes. Watch to make sure they don't overcook. You may want to finish browning on top with the broiler for 1-2 minutes if needed. Remove sheet from oven and tranfer biscuits to plate so they don't keep cooking on hot sheet.